- Full, Reduced, Senior, and Handi-Transit Fares
- Bus Passes
- Bus Tickets
- GoCards and Photo IDs
Our new reloadable electronic peggo card makes paying your fare more convenient than ever.
It’s simple and easy to use – just tap your card against the peggo card reader on the farebox, wait for the beep, and go. It’s also easy to reload and has a number of security features for your peace of mind.
To see a complete list of peggo card fare options visit our peggo fares page
For passengers who are not using our new peggo card the fares listed below are still applicable.
Full, Reduced, Senior, and Handi-Transit Fares
Please remember, Winnipeg Transit does not accept bills or pennies on any of our buses and Operators do not carry or make change.
|Max 5 (Weekday Pass)||20.70||21.15|
|SuperPass (Mon-Sun Pass)||23.00||23.50|
|SuperPass (Mon-Sun Pass)||16.10||16.40|
|SuperPass (Mon-Sun Pass)||11.50||11.75|
|Post Secondary Student Pass||70.85||72.40|
|Senior Monthly Pass||44.30||45.25|
Reduced Fare applies to:
- Youths 6-16
- High School Students 17-21 with GoCard (Photo ID must be shown to operator when boarding)
- Children five and under ride free when accompanied by a fare – paying adult.
Senior Fare applies to persons who are age 65 or older.
- ID must be shown to the Operator when boarding.
- a Federal Government Blue Card you can be used. Please note that as of October 1, 2013 Federal Government Blue Cards have been discontinued and are no longer issued.
- you can purchase a Transit issued Photo ID from our Customer Service office at 414 Osborne Street.
- Passes and validated ID available at participating Post-Secondary Institutions only.
- Pass and validated Student ID must be shown to Operator when boarding.
- If you have accidentally purchased a Reduced Fare Pass instead of a Post Secondary Pass you must take it to our 65 Garry Street office to exchange it for the proper pass.
Handi-Transit Post-Secondary Fare:
- Handi-Transit Post Secondary Student Passes must be purchased at our main office (Unit B – 414 Osborne Street)
To use Handi-Transit service, certain restrictions apply. Click here to learn more about Handi-Transit restrictions
Bus Passes provide many fare payment options to complement your work, recreation or vacation schedule. With the Max 5 Pass and Superpass, you’ll save from 22% to 38% over cash fares using your weekly pass just twice a day.
For frequent users, the convenient full fare Monthly Bus Pass saves almost 44% over cash fares, if used just twice daily.
Using a Post Secondary Pass, qualifying Post Secondary students can take advantage of 55% savings each month, compared to full cash fare, used twice daily.
If you’re eligible and show appropriate identification, a Reduced Fare Superpass or Reduced Fare Monthly Pass provides great savings for children, high school students and senior citizens.
CONDITIONS: Pass must be fully visible to operator when boarding; for use on Regular Service only for dates indicated; transfers will not be issued; non-replaceable for any reason; subject to transit regulations; fraudulent use is a criminal offence; must be returned upon request.
Bus Tickets are a great value and offer convenience and savings. Tickets are sold in sheets of 5 or 10 and are available at over 140 retail outlets throughout Winnipeg. For information on specific locations, refer to our bus pass and ticket outlet page.
A transfer takes you wherever you want to go by transit for approximately 75 minutes! It is free with your cash or ticket fare. You can make stopovers along the way or even return trips on one fare as long as you ride within the time limit shown on your transfer. If you’re unsure of the expiry time, ask your driver. Then ride all you want until the time expires!
A transfer must be requested when you pay your fare and can only be used by the person to whom it was issued. Transfers are valid on any regular bus route on the date of issue and allow travel in any direction, including return trips on the same route, until the expiry time shown.
GoCards and Photo IDs
High school students and seniors citizens must meet certain age and identification requirements to be eligible for reduced fares.
High School Students, age 17 to 21 years, who attend a recognized Winnipeg High School full time must show a Transit GoCARD Photo ID at the time they pay their fare.
Seniors, age 65 or older, qualify for reduced fares by presenting their valid Blue Federal Government Identification or Transit Photo ID when paying their fare.
Photo IDs are available at the Fort Rouge Transit Base, B-414 Osborne Street (Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm).
- Proof of age is required for the senior citizen and GoCARD Photo IDs.
- Proof of attendance at a Winnipeg High School is also required for a Student GoCARD Photo ID.
- The cost of the Photo ID is $3.25 (tax included) – effective January 1, 2016 the cost of a Photo ID will be $3.30.
Children who look older than their age may be asked by the Bus Operator for proof of age.
- “Under 17” cards are available from Winnipeg Transit for $3.30.
- Proof of age is required.
For more details, call 311.