Handi-Transit provides door-to-door service; drivers physically assist passengers from the ground floor doorway of the pick-up location to the vehicle and then from the vehicle to the ground floor doorway at the destination.
To stay on schedule:
- The client MUST be waiting at the ground floor most exterior doorway a minimum of 5 minutes before their scheduled pick up time. Passengers NOT at the designated location at time of pick up will receive a “No-Show” charge and will miss their trip.
- Drivers will knock on doors and/or ring doorbells at single unit dwellings that have their own point of entry.
- Drivers do not ring buzzers/doorbells and search for clients at apartment blocks or multi-family dwellings with a single entry point.
- Drivers do not buzz room numbers or report to specific stations at personal care homes or other medical locations to locate a client.
- The Pick-up location for return trips will be at the same door unless a different location is specified when making the trip request.