Handi-Transit clients must adhere to Handi-Transit policies and regulations. Handi-Transit reserves the right to refuse service to any persons who pose a threat to the safety of other passengers or drivers, whose behaviour poses a threat to their own safe transportation, or who do not comply with Handi-Transit policies and regulations.
Handi-Transit clients are required to:
- Be ready at the specified pick-up location a minimum of five minutes before scheduled pick-up time
- Notify Handi-Transit at 204-986-5722 if the Handi-Transit vehicle is more than 10 minutes late for a pick-up
- Pay the required fare for transport to the driver
- Be respectful to the drivers and other passengers
- Book and confirm trips
- Call Handi-Transit at 204-986-5711 as soon as possible if canceling a trip
- trips that are cancelled less then 30 minutes before scheduled trip times are considered a no-show
- Arrange for special assistance if required while traveling or arriving at their destination
- Hold parcels on their lap
- limited to 2 bags per passenger
- Allow the driver to fix wheelchair firmly in position in a manner that conforms to all government securement regulations
- Wear the vehicle seat belt provided (including shoulder strap)
- Notify Handi-Transit of ALL changes to personal status including:
- mobility equipment
- address or other contact information changes
To make the trip comfortable for all, passengers should keep in mind:
- No eating is allowed on the vehicle and drinks must be in spill-proof, covered containers.
- MP3’s are allowed with head phones as long as the sound is not audible to others.
- Drivers should not be distracted while the vehicle is in motion.
Handi-Transit does not refuse service to an individual with disabilities solely because of the individual’s disability or any involuntary behavior that may offend, annoy or inconvenience other persons. In the event that a passenger does exhibit some aspects of involuntary behavior, the passenger may be required to travel with an attendant.