Transport of Animals on the Service
Registrants requesting to transport their pet must notify Handi-Transit when requesting their trip. When they book their trip the registrant will be advised of the following;
• the animal must be secured in a small completely enclosed pet carrier (no boxes, purses etc)
• the approved pet carrier must be small enough to fit on the registrants lap
• the owner is required to carry the pet and carrier themselves, the driver will not assist by carrying the pet to or from the vehicle or while the registrant is boarding
• the pet carrier cannot take up any additional space on the vehicle
• the pet cannot inconvenience other riders on board of the vehicle
• the owner must ensure that the pet is supervised and kept in control at all times
• the carrier cannot interfere with the driver’s ability to properly use the securements
Animals are not allowed to be loose in any of the vehicles unless they are a service or support animals as defined by the Manitoba Human Rights Code and have been verified as such by Handi-Transit.
Any complaints of unruly or disruptive behavior by the pet will be investigated and may result in the pet not being transported in Handi-Transit vehicles. If a pet endangers anyone’s safety in the vehicle they will not be allowed back on Handi-Transit vehicles.