Trip Priority System
Handi-Transit uses a trip priority system to schedule transportation for our customers.
All trips, regardless of when they are booked, are provided based on the following priorities:
(Wheelchair users take priority over an ambulatory user when service demand exceeds service availability.)
- Work – Paid full time employment
- Medical – Dialysis, Chiropractor, Podiatrist, Medical Doctor or Dentist appointment
- Education – Post Secondary- Certificate, Diploma, Degree
- Therapy – Administered / As prescribed by a Medical Professional (medical doctor, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, nurse, chiropractor)
- Transportation Terminal – Airport / Bus depot
- Essential Shopping – Groceries, prescriptions
- Support Groups
- Self Development Courses
- Personal Business – Bank, Legal Services
- Advance Ticket Events
- Religious Services
- Other Prescribed Therapy / Non-Administered
- Recreational Activity – Swimming, Bowling, Park Outing, Bingo, Movie, etc.
- Grooming – Hair care, Manicure/Pedicure, etc.
- Dining Out
- Shopping – Non-Essential
- All other
The trip priority system has been reviewed and modified based on recommendations from Handi-Transit’s Policy Advisory Committee (PAC).
The PAC is comprised of Handi-Transit users and representatives from organizations working on behalf of persons with disabilities. PAC’s mandate is to review and provide input/advice to the Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works on service policies and accessibility issues pertaining to public transportation for persons with physical disabilities.