Missing a Trip (No-Show)
No-shows cause inconvenience to other customers and waste limited resources.
Remember: You can cancel your trips by calling 204 986-5711.
Handi-Transit records a no-show on a client’s file when:
- You cancel the trip less than 30 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- You are not waiting just inside your door on the ground level of your building at the pick-up time.
- You are not waiting at the pick-up point for your return journey.
- You are not ready to leave at the pick-up time (even if the delay is caused by a caregiver).
- You refuse the ride when it arrives.
- You have more parcels than you can hold on your lap.
- You have not had the walk shoveled at your residence in winter.
You are notified of any no-show charges by mail.
Handi-Transit charges for no-shows during each six-month period.
Return-Ride Cancellation Due to a No-Show
If you are a no-show for your ride to a destination which has a return ride scheduled from that destination, Handi-Transit will automatically cancel your return ride. If you do still need the return ride, you must call 204-986-5722 to have the return trip re-instated.
Penalties for Accumulating No-shows
When you incur a no-show, you are notified by mail. If you continue to incur no-shows, you will continue to be notified by mail with accrued costs, which must be paid within the specified time frame.
|1st No-show||No charge|
|2nd No-show||The equivalent of one fare|
|3rd No-show||The equivalent of two fares|
|4th No-show||The equivalent of three fares|
|5th and further No-shows||$15.00|
Client’s service is suspended once the amount owed reaches or exceeds $30.00
Restrictions, fines and/or other penalties may be imposed if a client continues to not show for scheduled trips or chooses to continuously cancel scheduled trips.
A passenger who cancels with less than 30 minutes is a late cancellation and considered a no-show. Late cancellations and no-shows take up ride time that could have been used to accommodate the travel needs of others.