Transit Travel Tips
The following travel tips are presented to help you and fellow Transit passengers have a more enjoyable trip.
- Pay the exact fare because our operators do not carry change.
- Have your fare ready when you board.
- Allow a few seconds for the operator to see your pass or transfer.
- If you’re riding for reduced fare, show your photo ID when paying your fare
- If you need a transfer, ask the operator for one when you board.
Entry and Exit
- Always use caution when entering and leaving the bus.
- After boarding,step to the back of the bus to let other passengers enter and exit.
- Please exit by the rear doors whenever possible.
- On low floor buses, the rear doors are opened by pressing a tape strip on the doors. The doors will remain open for approximately 3-4 seconds. As a courtesy to following passengers, please keep your hand on the tape strip to have the doors remain open for them.
- Front seats are designated for seniors, people with mobility problems, and parents with strollers.
- One passenger’s music is another passenger’s noise. Use your headphones.
- Silence is golden when you use your headphones instead of disturbing those around you.
Food and Beverages
- Be courteous to others by not eating, drinking or littering on Transit vehicles.
- By Law, smoking is not permitted on any Winnipeg Transit vehicle or in passenger shelters.
- Registered seeing eye and hearing ear dogs are allowed to accompany their owner on the bus. Pets in small carry-on containers are allowed, provided the owner can safely store it while on-board.
Children in Strollers
- Parents traveling with strollers should use the priority seating area at the front of the bus or move their stroller to the back of the bus. Parents should make sure that their child is secured using the restraint system of the stroller. Strollers must be clear of the isle to allow other passengers to board.
- Passengers wearing inline skates are requested to remove them before boarding for their own safety. If this is not possible, please take a seat near the front of the bus, and when exiting remain seated until the bus has come to a complete stop.
Request Stop After 7:00pm
For your safety and convenience Winnipeg Transit offers Request Stop. Feel more secure or save a few steps by getting off the bus between regular stops.
- Inform your operator at least 1 stop ahead of the requested stop.
- Exit by the front door only.
- For safety reasons, the operator may be unable to fulfill your request.
- Request Stop is in effect 7 days a week from 7:00 pm until end of service.