Bomber Fan Fare
August 7th Bomber Game Day Service
There are some key changes to the Bomber Fan Fare service for the 2014 season, including regular fares being charged on Transit buses to the game. Please look closely to see how these changes may affect your commute to and from the game.
Key changes include:
- Regular Transit fares will be collected on all Winnipeg Transit service TO the game. This also applies to Handi-Transit service. Fares may be paid in cash (exact fare), Transit tickets or passes.
- Post-game passengers can show their game day ticket for a free ride home when boarding buses after the game.
- Park & Ride services will now be operated using school buses, and will commence 2 hours prior to game time.
- The Blue Bombers have implemented a $5.00 charge per person for Park & Ride users when attending a Bomber game or special event. A complete list of Park & Ride locations can be found here. Event Day Park & Ride map.
- The Park & Ride service for 2014 will use only school buses departing the game and as a result, riders should exercise patience while loading
Park & Ride Super Express Service
There are eight Park & Rides located across the city that provide non-stop service to and from Investors Group Field. Click here for the Event Day Park & Ride map. See Park & Ride locations below:
- Route 1 – Park & Ride Super Express – McPhillips Station Casino (484 McPhillips St) to Investors Group Field. The McPhillips Station Park & Ride can accommodate up to 500 cars
- Route 2 – Park & Ride Super Express – Club Regent (1425 Regent Ave West) to Investors Group Field. The Club Regent Park & Ride can accommodate up to 115 cars
- Route 3 – Park & Ride Super Express – St. Vital Public Works Yard (590 St. Anne’s Rd) to Investors Group Field. The St. Vital Public Works Yard can accommodate up to 300 cars
- Route 4 – Park & Ride Super Express – Manitoba Hydro (820 Taylor Ave) to Investors Group Field. The Manitoba Hydro Park & Ride can accommodate up to 500 cars.
- Route 5 – Park & Ride Super Express – Assiniboia Downs to Investors Group Field. The Assiniboia Downs Park & Ride can accommodate up to 300 cars
- Route 6 – Park & Ride Super Express – St. Norbert Hotel (3540 Pembina Hwy) to Investors Group Field. The St. Norbert Hotel can accommodate up to 200 cars.
- Route 7 – Park & Ride Super Express – Garden City Centre to Investors Group Field. The Garden City Park & Ride can accommodate up to 100 cars.
- Route 8 – Park & Ride Super Express – Kildonan Place to Investors Group Field. The can Kildonan Place Park & Ride accommodate up to 100 cars.
The Running Back Shuttle
The Running Back Shuttle will run from the Stadium in a clockwise loop, west on Chancellor Matheson, north on Pembina, and south on University Crescent back to the stadium. The Running Back Shuttle will begin operating 90 minutes before game time and will operate every 10 minutes. Note – the last Running Back shuttle will arrive at Investors Group Field 10 minutes after the event or game is scheduled to to begin and will not operate after the game. Catch extra route 160 service on Chancellor Matheson after the game to get back to Pembina Highway. Buses will run west on Chancellor Matheson and north on Pembina making all stops between Investors Group Field and Downtown.
Extra game day service
Extra service on the route 161 – Investors Group Field will operate at 15 minute intervals, beginning 90 minutes before the June 9th game. Service will operate from Downtown to Investors Group Field making all stops in the Downtown and along the Transitway before running non-stop from Jubilee to the stadium. The last 161 to Investors Group Field will leave Balmoral Station 30 minutes before the event or game is scheduled to to begin. Extra route 161 service will not operate after the game or special event. Catch route 160 on Chancellor Matheson which will run west on Chancellor Matheson and north on Pembina making all stops between Investors Group Field and Downtown.
Regular Service to the Stadium
Winnipeg Transit has several regular routes that will operate to and from the University of Manitoba before and after the game or special event. Winnipeg Transit reminds all passengers to check their bus schedules before leaving. See below for route information:
- 60 Pembina
- 75 Crosstown East
- 78 Crosstown West
- 160 Downtown – University of Manitoba
- 162 Downtown – Ft. Richmond (U of M) – St. Norbert Express
- 170 Downtown – Ft. Richmond (U of M) – St. Norbert
All Park & Ride Super Express service and extra Regular Service on routes 75, 78 (via Cambridge and via Kenaston) and 160 will be lined up on Chancellor Matheson heading west towards Pembina. Route 162/170 can be caught at its regular stop – University Crescent at Freedman.
Wayfinding signage will be posted at Investors Group Field to help you find where to board your bus. Look for these signs:
If you are unsure of where to catch your bus on your return home, our Transit Supervisors will be on scene to help guide you to your bus.