Winnipeg Transit is a leader in the public transportation business in Canada. Operations are 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Winnipeg Transit provides a valuable service to over 46 million customers annually. Winnipeg Transit employs approximately 250 personnel in the Plant and Equipment Division who are responsible for maintaining a fleet of over 570 buses, along with all necessary infrastructure.
You will be part of a large diverse group of trades and non-trades people to maintain City of Winnipeg Transit’s bus fleet of over 570 buses. You will be involved in the overall disassemble and refurbishment of buses as well as fabrication of bus parts and shop equipment.
Winnipeg Transit employs several different Journeyman trades who specialize in specific areas of repair or rebuild on Winnipeg Transit fleet vehicles, support vehicles and other equipment. It involves working a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Body Repairer
• Industrial Welder
• Industrial Mechanic
• HVAC Technician
You will be involved in the overall disassembly and refurbishment of buses as well as fabrication of bus parts and shop equipment.
- High School graduate or equivalent with a Journeyman Industrial Welder Certificate recognized by the Province of Manitoba
- a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence in good standing
- criminal record check satisfactory to the employer
- Detailed resume, including copies of any related certificates and driver’s license to be considered
- Driver’s Abstract from Manitoba Public Insurance will be required from the successful applicant(s), at their own expense
- Ability to obtain Class 2 with Air Brake endorsement within 6 months
- Applicants will be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, skills and ability as they relate to the position
- The successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a Medical assessment at the Occupational Health Branch