About our Charter Service
Renting a Winnipeg Transit bus for your next event
A chartered transit bus is one of the most economical ways of moving a group around the City of Winnipeg. If you are planning a wedding, conference, convention, corporate event, sightseeing tour, school field trip, senior’s outing and sporting or entertainment event, an experienced professional Bus Operator at the wheel means a safe and relaxed ride for your group.
Our charter bus range is limited to destinations that are within Winnipeg, bounded by the Perimeter Highway or the city limits, whichever is greater.
Buses are available for charter service at the following times:
|Day of Week||Time Period|
|Monday to Friday||9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. – 1:00 A.M.|
|Saturdays||5:00 A.M. – 1:00 A.M.|
|Sundays / Holidays||7:00 A.M. – 12:00 midnight|
Note: A new charter will not be started after 10 P.M.
Low-floor Accessible Transit Buses:
For your comfort, all transit buses used for charter service are low-floor accessible, have a kneeling feature to lower the front door to curb level and a ramp for easy “no step” boarding and wheelchair access, and are climate controlled for year-round comfort.
40-ft (12.2m) standard Transit bus:
- 38 seated passengers, or alternately can accommodate up to two wheelchairs and 28 seated passengers.
60-ft (18.3m) articulated Transit bus:
- 54 seated passengers, or alternately can accommodate up to two wheelchairs and 44 seated passengers.
If requested, some of our buses feature an on-board public address system.
Winnipeg Transit – Charter Rate
|Hourly Rate||Sept. 1, 2016 – Sept. 1, 2017|
|Standard 40-foot bus (except Senior Citizen Agencies)||$129.00|
|Standard 40-foot bus (Senior Citizen Agencies only)||$97.00|
|Articulated 60-foot bus||$193.50|
Note: Rate is applied from the time the bus departs a Winnipeg Transit garage until its return. Prices do not include GST. Rates are subject to change without notice. Rental of any Winnipeg Transit bus is subject to availability.
Booking a charter:
Advance Notice For Booking A Chartered Bus
You should submit or call in your request for charter bus service at least ten (10) business days before your event. You may submit your charter service request online or by phone.
Submit an Online Charter Quote Request Form:
Click here to open the Online Charter Quote Request Form.
Phone the Charter Office:
Phone the Winnipeg Transit Charter Office at (204) 986-4322 to reserve your charter a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the date of your trip. Please ensure when requesting a bus that the information you are supplying is complete, accurate and includes the following:
- Date of charter
- Pick up location and time
- Return location and time
- Total number of passengers
- Wheelchair accommodation if required
- Client name, mailing address and contact phone number
Confirm the Booking
Once your request has been received, our friendly and professional charter staff will work with you to plan the most convenient and budget-wise travel package, and ensure both bus and driver availability. If your request can be accommodated, your will receive a “Cost Estimate & Client Confirmation” letter either via fax, regular mail, or email.
After receiving the “Cost Estimate & Client Confirmation” letter, you are asked to review it for accuracy. If satisfied, you’ll be asked to date, sign and return it to the Winnipeg Transit Charter Office. If this letter is not signed and returned, your booking will not be made.
Once the signed “Cost Estimate & Client Confirmation” letter is returned, Transit will consider the booking confirmed.
Please remember that your cost estimate is a quote only and is based on the services you requested. If additional time or services are provided, you will be billed accordingly. An invoice is issued after the date of service based on the actual time recorded on the Bus Operator’s time slip and the hourly rate quoted.
Please note that there is a minimum charge of 2 hours for all charters.
Limitations, Cancellations and Changes:
- Rental of any Winnipeg Transit bus is subject to availability.
- Sorry, we do not charter for “Safe Grads” or “Pub Crawls”.
- Our charter bus range is limited to destinations that are within Winnipeg, bounded by the Perimeter Highway or the city limits, whichever is greater.
- Winnipeg Transit reserves the right to cancel any charter due to emergency conditions, and Transit shall not be responsible for any losses incurred as a result of such a cancellation.
- A cancellation charge of $129.00 will apply to all charters cancelled later than 11:00 am on the last business day prior to date of charter service, unless cancellation is severe weather related.
- All charter passengers must be seated, no standees permitted.
- We do not allow consumption of alcoholic beverages on our buses.
- Smoking is prohibited on all of our buses.
- No animals (except service dogs) are allowed on charter buses.
- Any damage or excessive uncleanliness of / to the vehicle caused by the passengers will be charged by Winnipeg Transit to the charter client.
For more information:
Weekdays from 8:30am – noon; 1pm – 4:30pm
City of Winnipeg Transit Department
Operations Division – Special Events & Charters
421 Osborne Street
Phone: (204) 986-4322