Bomber Fan Fare
Bomber Game Day Service
New for 2016
The 2016 season will see several Park & Rides merged to allow for more efficient operation of the service. For passengers in the Transcona area all Park & Ride service will operate from Club Regent. For passengers in the Garden City area all Park & Ride service will operate from McPhillips Street Station. For passengers in the Southdale area who took Park & Ride number 9 to games last year we have renumbered that Park & Ride to number 7.
Game Day Highlights
- Regular Transit fares will be collected on all Winnipeg Transit service TO the game. This also applies to Handi-Transit service. Fares may be paid in cash (exact fare), Transit tickets or passes.
- Post-game passengers can show their game day ticket for a free ride home when boarding buses after the game.
- Park & Ride services will now be operated using school buses, and will commence 2 hours prior to game time.
- Reminder that the Blue Bombers have a $5.00 charge per person for Park & Ride users when attending a Bomber game or special event.
- The Park & Ride service for 2016 will use only school buses departing the game and as a result, riders should exercise patience while loading
Regular Service to the Stadium
Winnipeg Transit has several regular routes that will operate to and from the University of Manitoba before and after the game or special event. Winnipeg Transit reminds all passengers to check their bus schedules before leaving. See below for route information:
- 60 Pembina
- 75 Crosstown East
- 78 Crosstown West
- 160 Downtown – University of Manitoba
- 162 Downtown – Ft. Richmond (U of M) – St. Norbert Express
- 170 Downtown – Ft. Richmond (U of M) – St. Norbert
The Running Back Shuttle
The Running Back Shuttle will run from the Stadium in a clockwise loop, west on Chancellor Matheson, north on Pembina, and south on University Crescent back to the stadium. The Running Back Shuttle will begin operating 90 minutes before game time and will operate every 10 minutes. Note – the last Running Back shuttle will arrive at Investors Group Field 10 minutes after the event or game is scheduled to to begin and will not operate after the game.
Catch extra route 160 service on Chancellor Matheson after the game to get back to Pembina Highway. Buses will run west on Chancellor Matheson and north on Pembina making all stops between Investors Group Field and Downtown.
- passengers using the Running Back Shuttle can ride for free by showing the operator their game day ticket.
Park & Ride Service
There are seven special event Park & Rides located across the city that provide non-stop service to and from Investors Group Field. Click here for the game day/special event park & ride map. See Park & Ride locations below:
- Route 1 – Park & Ride Super Express – McPhillips Station Casino (484 McPhillips St) to Investors Group Field. The McPhillips Station Park & Ride can accommodate up to 500 cars
- Route 2 – Park & Ride Super Express – Club Regent (1425 Regent Ave West) to Investors Group Field. The Club Regent Park & Ride can accommodate up to 115 cars
- Route 3 – Park & Ride Super Express – Centre Scolaire Leo-Remillard to Investors Group Field. The Centre Scolaire Leo Remillard (1095 St. Anne’s Road) can accommodate up to 160 cars.
- Route 4 – Park & Ride Super Express – Manitoba Hydro (820 Taylor Ave) to Investors Group Field. The Manitoba Hydro Park & Ride can accommodate up to 500 cars.
- Route 5 – Park & Ride Super Express – Assiniboia Downs to Investors Group Field. The Assiniboia Downs Park & Ride can accommodate up to 300 cars
- Route 6 – Park & Ride Super Express – St. Norbert Hotel (3540 Pembina Hwy) to Investors Group Field. The St. Norbert Hotel can accommodate up to 200 cars.
- Route 7 – Park & Ride Super Express – Red River Co-op (77 Vermillion) at Lakewood mall. The Red River Co-op Park & Ride can accommodate up to 300 cars.
All Park & Ride service and extra Regular Service on routes 75, 78 (via Cambridge and via Kenaston) and 160 will be lined up on Chancellor Matheson heading west towards Pembina. Route 162/170 can be caught at its regular stop – University Crescent at Freedman.
Wayfinding signage will be posted at Investors Group Field to help you find where to board your bus. See a sample of what the signs look like below:
A map showing post-game boarding locations can be found here:
Investors Group Field – Post-game Bus Boarding Locations for Bomber Games
If you are unsure of where to catch your bus on your return home, our Transit Supervisors will be on scene to help guide you to your bus.