Welcome to Winnipeg!
Winnipeg Transit runs bus service to and from the James Armstrong Richardson International Airport from 5:50 am to 12:49 am. The bus terminal is located outside the south end of the airport. When you exit the airport you will see a bus shelter and sign at the stop.
Transit Routes Servicing the Airport
The airport is serviced by the route 15 Sargent/Mountain and the 20 Academy/Watt. When buses leave the airport they will be signed 15 Mountain or 20 Watt. When they are traveling to the airport they will say 15 Sargent or 20 Academy.
- Weekday Airport Service Timetable
- Saturday Airport Service Timetable
- Sunday Airport Service Timetable
Printable route maps:
Plan Your Trip using Navigo
Winnipeg Transit has 93 routes that reach out to all corners of the city. The easiest and most convenient way to plan your trip with Winnipeg Transit is to use our on-line Trip Planner Navigo.
Planning your trip
Using Navigo is very quick and easy. First you need to enter a starting location, followed by a destination location. When entering this information you have three options for how you want to enter it:
1) enter it by street address
2) enter it by intersection (ex. Portage @ Donald)
3) enter it by “landmark” (ex Radisson Hotel)
For our example here we are planning a trip from the Winnipeg Airport to the Radisson Hotel in Downtown Winnipeg.
Choosing your travel time
After you have entered your starting location and destination you need to enter a time you want to travel. Again you have several options for how you want to enter your trip time. You can choose to leave before a certain time or after a certain time or you can choose to arrive a certain time or after a certain time.
Enter the day of the week that you want to travel. This is done on the calendar that is located under the departure time window. Next you can choose to enter some advanced options such as requesting that all trips be accommodated with easy access low floor buses as well as wait and walking time.
Finally choose submit and your trip will be planned.
For our example we are traveling after 6:30pm on Tuesday evening and have indicated that we require easy access low floor buses.
Navigo will now plan your trip request and present you with up to five printable trip options and corresponding maps.
In our example Navigo have given us three trip options. The first option with the clock next to it indicates that the trip is outside of the parameters we have set but is close enough to our request that it is showing it to us anyway.
In this request Navigo tells us to walk from the terminal to the bus stop and gives us directions on how to get to the bus.
Next it tells us to take the 15 Sargent-Mountain at 6:24pm to Downtown. Navigo estimates how long it will take to get Downtown and then tells us what stop to get off at to go to our hotel.
Finally Navigo also gives directions from the bus stop to the hotel so that those unfamiliar with the area can use the map that Navigo provides to navigate their way to the hotel front door.
Please remember, Winnipeg Transit does not accept bills or pennies on any of our buses and Operators do not carry or make change.
|Max 5 (Weekday Pass)||20.70||21.15|
|SuperPass (Mon-Sun Pass)||23.00||23.50|
|SuperPass (Mon-Sun Pass)||16.10||16.40|
|SuperPass (Mon-Sun Pass)||11.50||11.75|
|Post Secondary Student Pass||70.85||72.40|
|Senior Monthly Pass||44.30||45.25|
Reduced Fare applies to:
- Youths 6-16
- High School Students 17-21 with GoCard (Photo ID must be shown to operator when boarding)
- Children five and under ride free when accompanied by a fare – paying adult.
Senior Fare applies to persons who are age 65 or older.
- ID must be shown to the Operator when boarding.
- a Federal Government Blue Card you can be used. Please note that as of October 1, 2013 Federal Government Blue Cards have been discontinued and are no longer issued.
- you can purchase a Transit issued Photo ID from our Customer Service office at 414 Osborne Street.
- Passes and validated ID available at participating Post-Secondary Institutions only.
- Pass and validated Student ID must be shown to Operator when boarding.
- If you have accidentally purchased a Reduced Fare Pass instead of a Post Secondary Pass you must take it to our 65 Garry Street office to exchange it for the proper pass.
Handi-Transit Post-Secondary Fare:
- Handi-Transit Post Secondary Student Passes must be purchased at our main office (Unit B – 414 Osborne Street)
To use Handi-Transit service, certain restrictions apply. Click here to learn more about Handi-Transit restrictions
Winnipeg Transit Contact Information
To contact Winnipeg Transit for general information or to find numbers not listed here, call 311. Our customer service representatives are available to assist you seven days a week. You can also contact Winnipeg Transit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Called Phone Numbers
|Route, Schedule, and Fare Information||311|
|Telebus (automated schedule)||204-287-7433|
|Lost and Found||311|
|Commendations and Complaints||311|
|Photo IDs and GoCARDs||311|
|Visual Ear (for Deaf patrons)||204-986-1311|
Handi-Transit Information Numbers
(Transportation services for disabled persons)
|Handi-Transit Contact Centre||204-986-5722|
|Automated Service Line (Trip Confirmation/ Trip Confirmation)||204-986-5711|
|Visual Ear (for Deaf patrons)||204-986-5828|